10 Facts You Didn't Know About Food

Food is fascinating. Did you know these facts about food?

1. The only difference between a brown egg and a white egg is the type of chicken that lays them.

2. If you purchase unripe fruit or vegetables place them in a paper bag on your counter for a day or so, this speeds up the oxygenation process. This technique works really well for avocados.

3. Sugar has only been scientifically proven to cause cavities...nothing else

4. Your body produces about 95% of the cholesterol circulating in your blood, the other 5% is due to diet.

5. Carbohydrates are the brain's preferred source of energy

6. Citrus fruit's helps absorb iron

7. Peanuts grow on the roots of a bush similar to carrots

8. Trans fat is created by adding hydrogen to unsaturated fat

9. Gluten is a wheat protein that contributes an elastic quality and texture to products.

10. Carrots were initially grown and used for medicine

I hope you enjoyed the 10 facts you didn't know about food, happy Monday!

If you are interested in learning more about food visit my contact page or send me an email at caseyvoorhies@gmail.com #dallasnutritionalcounseling